In today's world, it is unwise to simply go with the lowest bidder. At Wood's Heating Service, we offer and provide more than simply fuel oil - we are a complete home comfort provider, offering a wide range of heating services! From 24/7 availability to skilled technicians, automatic payments to payment plans, we have everything you need for heating services year-round.
As noted long ago by John Ruskin in the late 1800's:
"It's unwise to pay too much... but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money... that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."
If you shop around, you will find that Wood's Heating Service offers the best value for your dollar. No other oil company in the area delivers more for you.
- Our technicians are licensed certified professionals who respond quickly and effectively. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our technicians participate in extensive factory training on a continuing basis.
- Our drivers are skilled in delivering oil to you and they treat your property as if it were their own.
- We offer the convenience of automatic delivery, payment plans and service agreements that help you avoid sudden, large bills.
- We offer selection and equipment installation advice. We ask you the questions that are necessary to help select the best system to meet your needs and maximize your comfort level.
- We have extended office hours to meet your needs. We are open from 7 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday and 8 AM to 4:30 PM on Saturdays during the heating season. Also, during the winter, our staff will field no-heat emergency calls up to 9 PM during the week, and from 8 AM to 4 PM on Sunday. For your convenience, we are open Saturdays until noon during the non-heating season.
- When we send our employees home, we turn the phones over to an answering service (much like your doctor does). If you need help, the answering service will alert our on-call service technician and he will call you.
- Our service and installation department are employed by us. We do not use sub-contractors except for sheet metal work and asbestos removal. When we do utilize sub-contractors, they are leaders in the respectful fields and selected for their commitment to quality. A master electrician is employed for all air conditioning wiring installations as well as disconnection of existing electric baseboard.
- We pull permits as required by law when we install new heating and air conditioning equipment. This means that a third party inspects the installation to make sure it meets current code and safety requirements, not us.
- Our staff constantly strives to bring you the best in service. When we install new equipment for you, that is only the beginning of our relationship. We will be there to meet your needs for many years to come. Our relationship with you is ongoing.
- Our oil trucks meters are checked regularly by the State so you know your deliveries are accurate.
- Only the best new equipment is installed. We do not utilize used parts.
- Complete and professional proposals including detailed specifications of the proposed equipment and installation. We provide copies of applicable equipment warranties.
- We provide complete insurance coverage on all installations, worker's compensation, as well as, product and liability insurance.
- A comprehensive oil burner service contract providing twenty-four (24) hour emergency service and an annual tune-up is available. The basic contract covers most of the parts and components of the oil burner. Extended coverage is available to cover circulators or zone valves and some warm air furnace components as well as oil tank replacement.
- We are dedicated to keeping your home and family protected throughout the seasons, which is why we offer an extra level of protection through services like home monitoring.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Having been with Wood's Heating Service for over 17 years, I have never run out of fuel oil and, in fact, never even think about it. In 17 years, I have never even looked at that dial on top of the tank! Our burner still runs at top efficiency while our neighbors who buy from a discounter, have already replaced their burner a few years ago! Problems have been taken care of efficiently and timely. Don't bother telling Wood's Heating Service about a minor problem, no big hurry, whenever you have a chance. I have tried - they still show up within hours to repair it whether you want them to or not! Convenience, peace of mind, and knowing that if I have a problem (even minor) it will be taken care of expeditiously is what has kept me a Wood's customer for all these years."
Mr. Rod Chiodini